Postdoctoral Psychology Fellowship – Fall 2022
Center for Evidence Based Treatment – Ohio (CEBTOhio) is welcoming applications for a post-doctoral psychology fellow to begin with us in Fall 2022! We are looking for candidates who are passionate about delivering evidence-based treatments while working in an environment that emphasizes training and collegial support. Please see below for additional information about our practice and the fellowship position.
Who we are
CEBTOhio is a treatment clinic that provides evidence-based therapy, supervision and training for a range of psychological concerns. We offer individual and group therapy to adults, adolescents, children and families. Our practice is physically located in Shaker Heights, OH, and we serve clients both in-person and remotely throughout the state of Ohio, and other states where our staff are licensed. The specific team of clinicians at CEBTOhio available to provide formal supervision/consultation to postdoctoral fellows are:
- Lucene Wisniewski, PhD – Chief Clinical Officer
- Amy Kalasunas, LPCC-S, NCC, DBT-LBC – Director of DBT Training and Services
- Dean Malec, PhD – Postdoctoral Fellow
Our scope of practice
We treat the following conditions with the evidence-based treatments listed below:
- Eating disorders
- CBT-E, DBT, FBT
- We specialize in the treatment of complex/co-morbid eating disorders with DBT and our practice is led by a clinician/researcher (Dr. Wisniewski) who has spearheaded this treatment approach.
- Borderline personality disorder / difficulties with emotion regulation
- DBT and DBT-A. We offer comprehensive DBT programming (individual therapy, skills group and phone coaching) for adults and adolescents/families, along with a DBT consultation team.
- Anxiety and mood disorders
- CBT, Unified Protocol (and UP-A), MBCT
- Trauma/stressor-related disorders
- DBT-PE, EMDR, Schema therapy
In order to attain competence with a variety of evidence-based treatments and professional psychology tasks, we strongly recommend applicants complete a 2-year fellowship with us; however, we will consider accepting individuals for a 1-year fellowship. Below is a typical fellowship week, encompassing of intervention, supervision/training and professional development:
- 21-24 hours of direct service
- Psychosocial intakes
- Individual therapy (will consist of a range of conditions/modalities informed by fellow’s clinical interests and training goals)
- Group therapy (co-leading DBT skills training groups for adults and/or adolescents/families)
- Supervision of psychology practicum trainees (when available)
- 2 hours of individual supervision from licensed psychologist
- 75-hour DBT consultation team
- 2+ hours/week of additional group case consultation
- 0-1 hours/week of seminars/didactic training.
- CEBTOhio is part of a Midwest training consortium with other evidence-based treatment centers (Chicago Center for Evidence Based Treatment and Chicago Psychotherapy), which allows trainees broader access to expertise in a range of psychological disorders and treatment modalities. The consortium runs two monthly seminars: a didactic series covering a range of research and clinical topics, and a professional development/ethics series. Topics for the trainee series include professional problem-solving, career paths, competence, advocacy, supervision, diversity and work-life balance.
- 9-13 hours of administrative time/professional development (e.g., documentation, care coordination, research projects, professional reading, preparation for licensure exam)
- Competitive salary
- Stipend for professional development activities
- Health + dental insurance
- 401(k) beginning in 2nd year of fellowship (if chosen)
- Paid vacation (16 days/year + major holidays)
- Access to all trainings offered by staff
- Meets all requirements for postdoctoral training/licensure in Ohio
- Spacious offices in a beautiful setting
- Northeast Ohio offers multiple cultural resources (dining, museums, world-class orchestra) with affordable cost of living
- Completion of dissertation and APA/CPA-accredited internship by start date (required)
- Prior experience providing CBT/DBT to adults, adolescents and/or families (preferred)
- Prior experience working with clients with eating disorders (preferred)
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, CV and 2-3 letters of recommendation to:
Dean Malec, PhD
Phone: 216.544.1321 x2005
Application Deadline: Applications accepted until position is filled.